Be in the moment quotes provided here are to make you reconnect with the present moment.
This is so important because there is nothing else except this present moment. So live in the moment because it is the ONLY gateway to eternal fulfillment.
Past and future are purely imaginary because you can’t experience them in the present moment.
These present moment quotes will give you a glimpse of how important it is to be in the present moment. It can also be considered as enjoy life quotes.
So let’s have a look at them.
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. “- Buddha
- “Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment. “- Deepak Chopra
- “I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be. “- Abraham Lincoln
- “Children have neither a past nor a future. Thus they enjoy the present, which seldom happens to us. “- Jean De La Bryere
- ” Mindfulness can help people of any age that’s because we become what we think. “- Goldie Hawn
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. “- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are. “- Bill Watterson
- “Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none”.- Albert Einstein
- “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of. “- Benjamin Franklin
- “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. “- Henry David Thoreau
According to Harvard Study when we’re awake, 50% of the time we’re not thinking about the work we’re doing.
So what do we do? We either ruminate about things that happened in the past or we worry about things that yet have to come.
The latter often goes hand in hand with fantasies about negative outcomes.
live in the moment.
11. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today, Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow. “- Jerry Spinelli
12. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it matter, as if it is your last. “- Anthon St. Maarten
13. “I hope each day is better than the last. “- Lain S. Thomas
14. “Are you responding to the NOW or reacting to your past. “- Ramana Pemmaraju
15. “We are always either remembering the past or looking forward to the future, yet the only real place we stand that is real, is on the bridge of now. “- Mimi Novic
16. “Leave the past behind. “- Frank Sonnenberg
17. “Living in the moment, that’s the first step to Having. “- Suh Yoon Lee
18. “Don’t just hope:Be,do and live in the moment. “- Akiraq Brost
19. “It makes me want to hold on to this one for just a moment longer. “- Dave Cenker
20. “Unlike man, a dog lives every moment and dies only once. “- Tapan Ghosh
Not being in the moment is not only time consuming; it also evokes emotions that might cause unnecessary pain.
So its clear why the Buddhists and Stoics tell us to live in the present moment. If you find yourself lost in mental chatter, there are ways to get out of this.
be in the moment quotes are quite helpful in it.
21. “Old is not gold; don’t live in the past. “- Tapan Ghosh
22. “The best way to create a better future is to do your best at this very moment. “- Debasish Mridha
23. “Now is the only time we have, and the only time we have any control over. “- Richard Carlson
24. “Let it go and live in the moment with joy. “- Debasish Mridha
25. “As you can tell at this crucial point in life, it is only the present moment that matters to us and not the past events. “- Mwanandeke Kindembo
26. “Sometimes I only fall in love with the moment itself -not the people or places in it. “- Laura Choutte
27. “Life is lived in the moments of simplicity. “- Avijeet Das
28. “Life is short. Don’t count the seconds. Enjoy the moments.”- David Cushieri
29. “Every moment, if properly utilised, has the potential to transcend space and time.”- Haresh Sippy
30. “Everything comes to you in the right moment. “- Mimi Novic
An easy way to find relief from overthinking is watching the breath and how the body and mind reacts to it.
The Buddhists call this ‘Anapanasati’, which means mindfulness of breathing. This is not the same as breathing exercises in which one purposefully controls the rhythm of the breath.
Based on the Buddhists tradition, we can do breath meditation in several stages.
be in the moment quotes.
31. “Lose not yourself in a far off time, seize the moment that is thine. “- Friedrich Schiller
32. “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live moments of your daily life deeply. “- Thich Nhat Hanh
33. “The only time we suffer is when we believe a thought that argues with what is. When the mind is perfectly clear, “what is” what we want. “- Byron Katie
34. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness. “- Abraham Maslow
35. “One today is worth two tomorrows.”- Benjamin Franklin
36. “Forever is composed of nows. “- Emily Dickinson
37. “Don’t let the past steal your present.”- Cherralea Morgen
38. “Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. “- James Thurber
39. “The living moment is everything. “- D H Lawrence
40. “Nothing is worth more than this day. “- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
There’s some patterns in the mind that everybody inherits that even for advanced presence practitioners can still reassert themselves.
They are so normal. One of the most prevalent patterns is the reducing the present moment to a means to an end.
Are you able to be present in what you’re doing or is the doing no more than a means to an end. buddha quotes on peace.
41. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. “- Alice Morse Earle
42. “I always live in the present. The future I can’t know. The past I no longer have. “- Fernando Pessoa
43. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”- Amit Ray
44. “The art of life is to live in the present moment. “- Emmet Fox
45. “Eternity belongs to those who live in the present moment. “- Unknown
46. “The great science to live happily is to live in the present. “- Pythagoras
47. “Learn from the past, prepare for the future, live in the present. “- Thomas Manson
48. “Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering. “- Ida Scott Taylor
49. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. “- Buddha
50. “Don’t make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything. “- Angelique Kerber
You have to go home to the present moment.
When you go home to the present moment, you can find two kinds of situations : The first kind of situation is that there are so many conditions of happiness available in the here and the now.
The second situation is that when you go back to the present moment you might encounter a feeling of pain, and its a chance to take care of that pain and to transform it. buddha quotes on happiness.
51. “Life is short, and every moment is precious. “- Gad Saad
52. “I’m thankful for every moment. “- Al Green
53. “The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next. “- Mignon McLoughlin
54. “Everything can change at any moment, suddenly and forever. “- Paul Auster
55. “I’m grateful for always this moment, the now, no matter what form it takes. “- Eckhart Tolle
56. “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself. “- Mabel
57. “The next message you need is always right where you are. “- Ram Dass
58. “Remember then : there is only one time that is important – Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time we have any power. “- Leo Tolstoy
59. “What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday; and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow : Our life is the creation of our mind. “- Buddha
60. “Past and future are in the mind only – I am now. “- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Even if the present moment is unbearable, to go back to that moment is the only chance for us to do something in order to calm it down and to transform it.
Most of the people don’t do that. They’re afraid that when they come home to themselves and touch their pain inside, they will be overwhelmed by the suffering.
That is why their practice is to run away.
live in the moment.
61. “Some moments are happy. Some are sad. Live each moment. Embrace life!. “- Avijeet Das
62. “We need to embrace every day and enjoy it as much as we can. “- Karen Todd Scarpulla
63. “Your life is your own quote, so define it. “- Shashidhar Sa
64. “The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right its all we’ll need. “- Ann Richards
65. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon. “- Charles M. Schulz
66. “Live in the moment – not just for the future moment. “- Debasish Mridha
67. “Why not just live in the moment especially if it has a good beat? “- Goldie Hawn
68. “Living in the moment, that’s the first step to Having. “- Sun Yoon Lee
69. “Mindfulness is living in the moment without judging it. “- Debasish Mridha
70. “Every moment is the paradox of now or never. “- Simon Van Booy
Many people try to cover up the pain inside not only by going back to the past or running to the future to imagine that there will be some hope, some end of suffering in the future but that cannot last long.
And most people try to cover up the suffering inside by the practice of consumption. We read magazines and watch television.
We try and find something to eat. present moment quotes.
71. “Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect. “- Zoey Sayward
72. “We make patterns, we share moments.”- Jenny Downham
73. “I guess they’re called moments because they don’t last very long. “- Sarra Manning
74. “Simple moments are sometimes the best moments. “- Unknown
75. “You can’t let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. “- Dale Earnhardt
76. “All the treasures of earth cannot bring back one last moment. “- French proverb
77. “We are being born and dying at every moment. “- Dogen
78. “The past is a ghost, the future has a dream, and all we ever have is now. “- Bill Cosby
79. “You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die, or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live. Now! “- Joan Baez
80. “The only way to deal with the future is to function efficiently in the Now. “- Gita Bellin
To escape present moment, we listen to the music.
We pick up the phone to talk. Everything we do, we do because we hope by doing these things, we don’t have to confront the suffering in us.
And we allow that pain to grow in us. enjoy life quotes.
81. “All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment. “- Byron Katie
82. “Today is life- the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. “- Dale Carnegie
83. “Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. “- Gilda Radner
84. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. “- Eckhart Tolle
85. “Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware. “- Thich Nhat Hanh
86. “Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?”- David Bader
87. “Be where you; otherwise you will miss your life.”- Buddha
88. “This is your moment. Own it. “- Oprah Winfrey
89. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life. “- Charles Dederich
90. “What day is it? asked Pooh. “Its today”, squeaked Piglet. “My favourite day”, said Pooh. “- AA Milne
Also Read : 11 Ways To Improve Your Mental Health
The practice of mindfulness helps us to go home to the present moment.
Even if the moment is not pleasant, but it is in that very moment, that we can find a way in order to calm it down. And to transform it. buddha quotes on peace.
91. “The key to enjoy the moment is to always carry a list of “Things I gotta do that can wait. “- Robert Brault
92. “It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis.”- Margret Bonnano
93. “Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity.”- Deepak Chopra
94. “The past behind, learn from it. The future is here, live it. “- Thomas S Monson
95. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love. “- Marcus Aurelius
96. “Every day bring a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance. “- Oprah Winfrey
97. “Future cares have future cures. And we must mind today. “- Sophocles
98. “I believe in one day and some day and this perfect moment called Now. “- Jacqueline Woodson
99. “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. “- Leonard Nimoy
100. “Live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find eternity in each moment “- Henry David Thoreau
So, next time when you find the present moment not pleasant, don’t think that running away from it is the best way. No, it may be a chance, So stay in that moment.
Subscribe for more.
Have a nice day. 🙂🙂